Center for Development of Community Initiative and Environment (C&E)
At the moment, C&E is working on many projects related to Sustainable Development such as: “Education for Sustainable Development”, “Youth Action on Sustainable Lifestyles” and “Capacity Building for Community towards sustainable livelihoods and environmental protection”.
C&E was granted establishment decision from the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA) number 1202/QD-LHH dated 27 August 2008 and operation license No. A-754 from Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) dated September 12, 2008.
Vision: C&E envisages the future of Vietnam in which local communities, groups, and organisations actively participate in solutions to environmental problems, conservation of natural resources, and maintenance of sustainable life.
Mission: C&E supports local communities, community-based organisations, and civil society organisations in formulation and implementation of initiatives to protect the environment, conserve natural resources, and promote sustainable development.
- To assist community-based organisations in improvement of their knowledge and capacity, and use of their right to increase accessibility to and use of social resources to build sustainable livelihoods and conserve local natural resources.
- To cooperate with and support professional-based groups such as social professional associations and local NGOs in enhancement of their capacity to support community organisations, advocate environmental and development policies, and monitor government’s policies and projects.
- To establish networks and forums to exchange ideas and share information among C&E beneficiaries and interested parties.
Areas of Focus
- Natural resource management and conservation
- Environmental protection and climate change
- Civil society development and participation
- Gender equity
Programme and activities
- Research and implementation of programs on environmental issues
- Capacity building
- Policy advocacy
- Education and communication
- Networking and partnership
Mission The Clean Energy and Sustainable Development (CleanED) lab is an international and interdisciplinary research team contributing to the green growth of the energy sector in Vietnam. Established in December 2014 ...
Our History RTCCD was established in May 1996. The strategic idea for the development of the organization first came from Dr. Tran Tuan and was then supported by four social scientists. ...
CHANGE is one of the few environmental non-profit organizations who are based in Ho Chi Minh city of Vietnam. It was registered in 2013 by Ms. Hoang Thi Minh Hong--the ...
The Law and Policy of Sustainable Development Research Center is one of the first Non – Governmental Organizations in law and policy research in Vietnam, implementing scientific activities in Sustainable Development ...