Project Title: Towards a participatory policy development: the case of revised Electricity Law in Vietnam
Objectives of the project
Overall objective: Promoting effective public participation in the process of revision of Electricity Law in Vietnam
- Increasing the interaction and engagement of CSOs with elected people and related committee of National Assembly in relation to the relation to the revised Electricity Law in Vietnam
- Raising the voice of local people and public during the policy-making process in relations to Electricity governance
- Form a task force working on revised Law on Electricity including at least 6 experts on energy and environment
- The task force review and analysis the draft versions of revised Electricity Law and related documents and consultations with stakeholders to provide recommendations for this Law.
- Organize consultation workshop with non-state actors to collect their comments and opinion for this Law
- Organize two round table meetings with National Assembly members during May and October meeting session.
- Product policy brief for wide distribution.
Project duration: from May 2012 to Oct 2012