Project Title: Improving an affordable energy access for the poor in Mekong Delta provinces of Vietnam by introducing sustainable and green energy solutions
Objective of the project
The overall goal of this project is to improve an affordable energy access for the poor in Mekong Delta provinces of Vietnam by introducing sustainable and green energy solutions
- Kick-off meetings with stakeholders - Q1-2016
- Feasible study – Q1-2016.
- Two-day orientation and planning workshop in Tinh Bien district – Q2/ 2016.
- Training for green energy team and students on sustainable energy solutions and data collection (3 days) - Q2/Q3-2016.
- Data collection, processing and analysis - Q2/Q3 – 2016.
- Problem, priority identifying and objectives setting workshop- Q3/Q4-2016.
- Analyse findings and develop green energy solutions, and exhibition of appropriate models and alternatives for the Green community plan - Q3/Q4- 2016
- Green community planning workshop - Q4-2016.
- Capacity building/training for local energy team and PMU – Q3-2016 until Q1-2017.
- Study-tour (national and regional visit- Thailand) for local authorities and GET in the Mekong Delta to learn good practices on green and sustainable planning and solutions
- Build up communication and management skills for local energy teams
- Awareness raising and communication campaign for community- Q1-2016 until Q4-2018.
- 11 Green education program for schools - Q4-2016 - Q4-2018.
- Developing support package for sustainable energy solutions application in the community - Q4-2016 - Q4-2018.
- Study on rural electrification policies, practices and supporting mechanisms for off-grid communities to find out appropriate avenues for integrating sustainable energy solutions – Q4-2016 and Q2-2017
- Documenting good practices and lesson-learn on decentralised sustainable energy models in Vietnam –Q3 2016 and Q4-2017
- Sharing workshop to promote green and sustainable solutions for off-grid communities in the Mekong Delta + field trip, – Q1/Q2-2018
- Two- day national sharing, advocacy and connecting workshop organised in Hanoi–Q3/Q4-2018
- Policy recommendations on accelerating sustainable energy solutions in rural electrification implementation - Q4-2017 and Q3/Q4-2018
- Media work and communication – Q1 2016 – Q4 2018
Project duration: 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2018