Green Innovation and Development Centre (GreenID) is a Vietnamese non-profit organization (NPO) recognized by Decision 840/QD-LHH dated 27th December 2011.
GreenID works to promote sustainable development in Vietnam, and contributes to global sustainable development goals including SDG 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 17. GreenID recognizes that to promote sustainability it must simultaneously address constraints related to governance, social and technology integration. With our project-specific experience coupled with cutting edge global knowledge and theory, we have helped integrate sustainable solutions into policy and local communities.
Vision: Our vision is to promote sustainable development for the citizens of Vietnam and the South East Asia region that is based on green and innovative technologies and methods and improved governance of the environment and natural resources.
Mission: GreenID works to achieve fundamental change in the approach to sustainable development by promoting the transition to a sustainable energy system, good environmental governance and inclusive decision processes.
We are proud that with the leading, creative, towards solutions spirit, equality of respect, willing to cooperate and share, GreenID will contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnam.
Approach: GreenID applies an evidence based, solution oriented and inclusive approach to catalyse for fundamental changes in mind-set and action towards sustainable development. This approach is leading GreenID's research, community and advocacy work.
Our goal: Accelerate the decarbonization of Vietnam’s energy sector for a healthy life and low-carbon economy.
Objectives for period 2021-2025:
1. Scaling up renewable energy deployment focusing on integrated and distributed solar.
2. Support the process of just energy transition and green economy shifting in Vietnam.
3. Promote sustainable e-mobility development in Vietnam in association with clean energy transition for better public health.
4. Strengthen the cooperation and experiences’ sharing with partners to promote a just energy transition in the Southeast Asia region.
1. Promote the application of distributed renewable energy solutions associated with the Green economic model
2. Accelerate just energy transition and multi-stakeholder cooperation for a Green future
3. Support the sustainable development of electric transport with clean energy transition to reduce air pollution and protect public health
4. Youth apply digital technology in climate change mitigation and renewable energy development
GreenID has a team of young, dynamic, creative and professional staff combined with dedicated and experienced professionals. Founder and CEO of GreenID is the first Vietnamese woman to receive two international prestigious awards on environment and climate: Goldman Environmental Prize 2018 và Climate Breakthrough Award 2019.