Project Title: Towards Inclusive and Alternative power development in Vietnam
Objective of the project:
- To strengthen the linkages and cooperation between the Energy Alliance and interested civil society and affected community groups to effectively engage in energy policy development processes.
- To enhance multi-stakeholder dialogue and public debate on demand side management and sustainable energy solutions as alternatives to the plan for new coal fired power and hydropower developments in the PDP VII.
- Independent analysis of alternatives to the PDP VII.
- Capacity building and linking of civil society and community groups (CSOs).
- Media coverage and public awareness raising to enhance public demand for reform.
- Multi-stakeholder dialogues on energy issues, challenges, and alternatives to the PDP VII.
Project duration: 24 months from January, 2014 to December, 2015