Project Title: Promoting inclusive and alternative power development in Vietnam, second phase
Objective of the project:
- To facilitate the application of local energy planning and sustainable energy solutions in off-grid communities in Dack Ring commune, Konplong district of Kontum province, in central highland of Vietnam .
- To empower local energy planning based- communities in Vietnam to enable the application of sustainable energy solutions and increasing energy access for their community
- To convene dialogues between LEP communities and provincial authorities and agencies to promote the benefits of LEP and sustainable energy solutions for local development goals
- Fieldtrip and orientation workshop on LEP and project roadmap for local partners and authorities in Dack Ring commune, Kon Plong district, Kon Tum province.
- Training for local partners and Local Energy Team (LET) on LEP process, sustainable energy (SE) solutions and data collection.
- Questionnaire and data processor adjustment.
- Data collection by LET, assisted by district officers and field staff.
- Data entry and analysis; development of resource maps, energy balances
- Workshop on problem analysis; setting objectives
- Investigate possible solutions.
- Workshop to demonstrate sustainable energy models and finalize LEP.
- Awareness raising and communication activities
- Networking and learning workshop among Local Energy Planning communities: training on participatory approach, making capacity building plan.
- Developing forum for information sharing using ICT and social media.
- Technical support for development of SE solution clubs (e.g. biogas club, energy saving group, etc.).
- Capacity building for local energy team on Communication and public speaking, Project management and Proposal writing skills.
- Capacity building for GreenID on subgrant management skills.
- Providing seed fund for LEP communities in Kontum and other province to implement local SE initiatives.
- Documenting LEP good practices and lesson learnt.
- Creating LEP manual.
- Multistakeholder dialogue on alternative energy solutions (EE and LEP)
Project duration: from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017