International Expert to carry out Study on the best practices of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam
1. General introduction:
GreenID is a Vietnamese non-profit organization (NGO) established under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Association (VUSTA) and recognized by Decision No. 840/QD-LHH dated 27/12/2011. GreenID works toward sustainable development in Vietnam with priority to promote the overall approach in considering the role of the energy sector and these impacts on the environment related to this field. Since its establishment, GreenID has developed approach of local energy planning in Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Hue, Ca Mau. In 2016, GreenID continues expanding this aprroach to other provinces in An Giang, Dac Lac to enhance sustainable energy solutions for community.
In 2018, GreenID continues to receive financial support from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) to carry out project “Study on the best practice of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam”. The overall objective of the project is that farmers in Mekong Delta of Vietnam have social, ecological, and economic benefits from or by implement of Dual use in Renewable energy and food production. Additionally, the project targeted to decision makers and provincial authority of the project site take into account Dual use approach in the field of RE development and policies by the end of 2018. According to the project plan, GreenID will cooperate with the international expert to conduct research on Dual-Use Approaches for Solar energy and Food production- Feasibility and Potentials for Vietnam. To carry out this activity, GreenID, needs to recruit 01 international expert with term of reference as followed:
2. Task description
- Develop and discuss with GreenID about the detailed research plan, covering proposed working days for the research and the activity implementation process.
- Develop outline, content, methodology for research on Dual-use Approaches for Solar energy and food production - Feasibility and Potentials for Vietnam;
- Lead the research team to carry out study to achieve expected result
- Conduct field survey to collect information about Dual use model in Can Tho;
- Analyse and syntherise research report based on data collection and inputs from other researchers.
- Actively participate in consultation workshop to share key finding and collect comments including feedbacks and recommendations for report finalization.
- Finalize study report (at least 40 pages, in English).
First draft report is expected to be sent to GreenID in July 2018;
Attendance and presentation at consultation workshop which is organized with participation of multi-stakeholders to share the key findings and get comments, feedbacks, recommendations.;
A final report of at least 40 pages in English is available by the end of October 2018.
4. Required skills and experience
- Preferably at least Master degree or above in Renewable energy;
- 10 years past work experience in energy issues, specifically as related to solar PV. Must demonstrate work experience in solar energy in international context, and at least three (3) years working in the the context of Vietnam.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in conducting field survey and data analysis;
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, and report writing skills;
- Teamwork capacity to work with target group representatives including local experts, provincial authorities, and other researchers;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Must have work permit in Vietnam.
5. Timeframe and location
- Timeframe: from 10 May 2018 to 30 October 2018 with total number of 26 working days including desk study, field survey, report writing, as well as time allocation for presentation in consultation workshop.
- Location: Hanoi and Can Tho.
6. Payment Conditions:
This is an installment-based contract that should cover the costs of consultancy required to produce the above deliverables. The final schedule of payments will be agreed upon in the beginning of consultancy. Payment will be released in three installments: 1st installment: 30% after signing contract, 2nd installment: (for draft report), and 3rd installment 30% (for final report) – upon timely submission of respective deliverables and their acceptance by GreenID.
7. Contact information
Interested candidates are invited to submit your letter of interest and CV to the following address:
Mr. Nguyen Hai Long – Project Coordinator (GreenID)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |Tel: 04 3 795 6372
Deadline for submission: 10/5/2018