TERMS OF REFERENCE Reviewers for Study on best practices of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam
1. General Introduction:
GreenID is a Vietnamese non-profit organization (NGO) established under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Association (VUSTA) and recognized by Decision No. 840/QD-LHH dated 27/12/2011. GreenID works toward sustainable development in Vietnam with priority to promote the overall approach in considering the role of the energy sector and these impacts on the environment related to this field. Since its establishment, GreenID has developed approach of local energy planning in Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Hue, Ca Mau. In 2016, GreenID continues expanding this aprroach to other provinces in An Giang, Dac Lac to enhance sustainable energy solutions for community.
In 2018, GreenID continues to receive financial support from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) to carry out project “Study on best practice of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam”. The overall objective of the project is that farmers in Can Tho have social, ecological and economic benefits from or by implement of Dual use in Renewable energy and food production. Additionally, the project targeted to decision makers and authority at the provincial level of the project site take into account Dual use approach in the field of RE development and policies by the end of 2018. To support this project, GreenID is seeking 02 reviewers in Renewable energy field, especially in Solar energy to review for the report on Dual-use Approaches for Solar Energy and Food production- Feasibility and Potential for Vietnam.
2. Task description
- Read and comment for structure of report;
- Read and comment for the content related to Dual use model for Solar energy and Food production, its social and economic impacts.
- Contribute ideas to improve content of report and make recommendations on Dual use approach in Solar energy and Food production.
- Discuss with GreenID to clarify and finalized the content (if necessary)
- Comments, suggestions and recommendations from expert for reasearch outline by 31st May 2018, and synthesis report will be submitted to GreenID before 15th of August, 2018.
4. Requirements for expert
- Master degree in Renewable, agricultures/aquaculture, economics, other related field;
- Good understanding on political context and economic development in Mekong Delta;
- Have 10-15 years’ experiences related to the contents above;
- Excellent verbal and written communicaton skill in both Vietnamese and English;
- Have the ability to combine, analyze, process data;
- Proactive and independent working abilities.
5. Time schedule
- Time: 05 working days from 22nd May to 15th August. Total number of working days include preparation time.
6. Payment Conditions:
This is an installment-based contract that should cover the costs of consultancy required to produce the above deliverables. The final schedule of payments will be agreed upon in the beginning of consultancy. Payment will be released in two installments: 1st installment: 30% after signing contract, 2nd installment 70% – upon timely submission of respective deliverables and their acceptance by GreenID.
7. Contact information
All interested candidates, please send your letter of interest and CV to the following address:
Ms: Nguyen Hai Long – Project coordinator (GreenID)
Tel: 04 3 795 6372
Deadline for submission: 15/5/2018