TERMS OF REFERENCE Vietnamese Researcher to carry out Study on best practices of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam
1. General introduction:
GreenID is a Vietnamese non-profit organization (NGO) established under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Association (VUSTA) and recognized by Decision No. 840/QD-LHH dated 27/12/2011. GreenID works toward sustainable development in Vietnam with priority to promote the overall approach in considering the role of the energy sector and these impacts on the environment related to this field. Since its establishment, GreenID has developed approach of local energy planning in Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Hue, Ca Mau. In 2016, GreenID continues expanding this aprroach to other provinces in An Giang, Dac Lac to enhance sustainable energy solutions for community.
In 2018, GreenID continues to receive financial support from Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) to carry out project “Study on best practice of dual use approaches in the field of Renewable energy development in Can Tho province, Vietnam”. The overall objective of the project is that farmers in Mekong Delta of Vietnam have social, ecological, and economic benefits from or by implement of Dual use in Renewable energy and food production. Additionally, the project targeted to decision makers and provincial authority of the project site take into account Dual use approach in the field of RE development and policies by the end of 2018. According to the project plan, GreenID will cooperate with the international expert to conduct research on Dual-Use Approaches for Solar energy and Food production- Feasibility and Potentials for Vietnam. To carry out this activity, GreenID, needs to recruit 01 Vietnamese researcher with term of reference as followed:
2. Task description
- Work closely with national/international experts to gather all relevant information in order to produce require result;
- Provide support in data collection, interpreter, social and governance analysis;
- Co-write report on Dual use approaches for solar Energy and Food production- feasibility and potential for Vietnam;
- Design plan and conduct fieldtrip to Can Tho;
- Work with stakeholders in Can Tho to find out needed information.
Work closely and interactively with international expert to ensure:
- A report of at least 40 pages in English is available by the end of September 2018;
4. Required skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in energy management, renewable energy or related fields.
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Report writing skills;
- Good interpersonal communication and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
5. Timeframe and location
- Timeframe: from 22nd May 2018 to 30th October 2018 with total number of 36 working days including 30 days for desk study, data collection and procession, report writing, 6 days for fieldtrip survey.
- Location: Hanoi, Can Tho
6. Payment Conditions:
This is an installment-based contract that should cover the costs of consultancy required to produce the above deliverables. The final schedule of payments will be agreed upon in the beginning of consultancy. Payment will be released in three installments: 1st installment: 30% after signing contract, 2nd installment: (for draft report), and 3rd installment 30% (for final report) – upon timely submission of respective deliverables and their acceptance by GreenID.
7. Contact information
Interested candidates are invited to submit your letter of interest and CV to the following address:
Mr. Nguyen Hai Long – Project Assistant (GreenID)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |Tel: 04 3 795 6372
Deadline for submission: 10/5/2018